All around the USA
by Mikio Kusano
- Friday, April 1, 2011
1. Passed West Virginia. (Signboard collection #1)
2. Passed Pennsylvania. (Signboard collection #2)
3. We got a long driving during sudden snowstorm. Already April, but still snow, huh.
* Almost 1,000 km which is almost Tokyo and Osaka return way.
Stayed at Holiday Inn Express(PA): $74.5 (OK)
- Saturday, April 2, 2011
1. World heritage collection #1: Independence Hall
2. Reached to New Jersey (Signboard collection #3)
3.McDonald's!? Looks old fashion style, isn't?
* Philadelphia is big city, much bigger than Cincinnati, and this is the America. We are like a Redneck hillbilly ?
1. Passed Delaware (Signboard collection #4)
2. Passed Maryland (Signboard collection #5)
3. Washington D.C., Team building, we got heavy rain, no place to running out.
4. I remembered a movie Iow Jima.
* Washington D.C was traffic jam everywhere. Many place to go.
1. Getting in Virginia (Signboard collection #6)
2. World heritage collection #2: Monticello
* I paid 20 bucks for Monticello, it is not cheap, isn't?
Total : 1,009.5ml
Stayed at Microtel: $66.00 (Acceptable, breakfast was too bad)
- Sunday, April 3, 2011
1. Reach to Alabama (Signboard collection #10)
Legs not to be walking stably, because I had driving all day long.
2. I paid fishing licence $26.00 for only one day.....
Total : 1,647.9ml
Stayed at Quality Inn(AL): $53.00 (Not good, but coffee is good)
- Monday, April 4, 2011
LAKEPOINT104 Lakepoint Drive, Eufaula, AL | (334) 687-80111. We got fishes easily because private pond, huh I did not know.... And Man was coming and said, Get out!
2. We moved to Lakepoint and we got Bass and Tarpon also.
MOBILE ( Did not sleep in the car.)150 South Royal Street, Mobile, AL | (251) 208-730460° Ｆ
Total : 1,986.5ml
Stayed at Microtel(AL): $82.07 (So so)
- Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Thursday, April 7, 2011
Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center5550 FM 2495, Athens, TX | (903) 676-22771. Passed Texas signboard (Signboard collection #14)
2. Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, they have Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass, catfish, Bass Bass and Bass.
LAKE FORK1575 Spur 514, Yantis, TX | (903) 383-76021. Lake fork's tackle store still has a REDPOND sticker, believe that?
(because I did it about 6 years ago.)
Total : 2,808ml
Stayed at Best Western Inn(TX) (Canton): $67.79 (so so)
- Friday, April 8, 2011
- Saturday, April 9, 2011
- Sunday, April 10, 2011
CARLSBAD CAVERNS3225 National Parks Hwy, Carlsbad, NM | (505) 785-22321. Passed New Mexico signboard (Signboard collection #15), but it is not state, it is county...
2. World heritage collection #3: Carlsbad caverns is huge!
1. New Mexico fishing license has one day, five days and anual, and we paid 34 bucks each for five days. Picture is Rainbow trout at canal Carlsbad.
2. Desert, desert and desart.
Total : 3,543ml
Stayed at Holiday Inn Express(NM): $100.90(OK)
- Monday, April 11, 2011
Santa Rosa Lake State ParkSanta Rosa, NM | (575) 472-31101. Yes, great lake it is! We got many Black Crappies which are almost 15 inch.
Caught by 5 inch Senko, ha!
2. Route 66
- Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Mesa Verde National ParkCortez, CO | (970) 529-44651. World heritage collection #5: Mesa Verde is surrounded by a lot of very beautiful views.
Police caught me by 25ml/h zone in national park without any discount.
I asked Police, I have AAA.
But Police was no answer to me, ha.
I got a 120 bucks ticket...
- Thursday, April 14, 2011
- Friday, April 15, 2011
1. Passed Arizona signboard (Signboard collection #17)
2. On the way to come Phoenix area.
3. Getting new engine oil.
4. Party party party!!
Total : 4,889ml
Stayed at Miyuki Castle: (Slept very well)
- Saturday, April 16, 2011
Grand Canyon National ParkGrand Canyon, Village Loop Rd, Grand Canyon,, AZ | (928) 638-78881. World heritage collection #7: Grand Canyon that is GREAT!!!
- Sunday, April 17, 2011
- Monday, April 18, 2011
- Tuesday, April 19, 2011
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011
1. We got California!! (Signboard collection #20)
2. They have Tokyo in the LA, Wow!! and got cold Nama Beer!
Total : 6,194ml
Stayed at Best Western Galleria Inn(Redondo Beach): $100.79 (Room was smelly...terrible)
- Thursday, April 21, 2011
- Friday, April 22, 2011
Kirby park ramp = x
Uvas Reservoir = x
Chesbro Reservoir = x
Calero Reservoir = x
Almaden Reservoir = x
Lexington Reservoir = x
((Today is too cold, huh. ))
''Do you know the way to San Jose!''
''I know there are no fish.''
Total : 6,666ml
Stayed at Los Gatos Lodge: $97.90 (So so, but breakfast is not good)
- Saturday, April 23, 2011
''If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair''
Flowers put on head? Oh brother!
1. at Golden gate bridge
2. Karaoke in Nippon Town, SF, ''If youre going to San Francisco.....''
1. Picture on the wall is not bad, only problem is character upside down...
Total : 6,797ml
Stayed at Courtyard: $88.07 (Good, of course Marriott group)
- Sunday, April 24, 2011
- Monday, April 25, 2011
WEAVERVILLE500 Trinity Lake Boulevard, Weaverville, CA | (530) 623-36001. Size is not important, most important is happiness.
Total : 7,144ml
Stayed at Weaverville Inn: $84.00 (Poor and un-clean)
- Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Redwood National Park1111 2nd St, Crescent City, CA | (707) 464-91501. World heritage collection #8: Redwood
Beautiful forest, and dynamic woods, it is the nature!
2. He try to catch me, but I have a license also, I am keeping the rules.
- Wednesday, April 27, 2011
1. Passed Washington signboard (Signboard collection #22)
2. Most northern area of this journey. almost reach to Canada.
Total : 7,889ml
Stayed at Days Inn: $74.52 (Not bad)
- Thursday, April 28, 2011
1. Crossed to sea by ferry boat at Olympic national park, it is easy way and reasonalbe price($12.50)
2. Ichiro Signed-Ball that price $500.00 at least, wow its too high. Can't buy it!
Total : 8,076ml
Stayed at Paramont Coast Hotel: $124.36 (Quality is good)
- Friday, April 29, 2011
1. Ski? Only 40 minute, driving away from Seattle.
2. It is too cold, it is.
Total : 8,397ml
Stayed at Spokane House Hotel: $55.09 (Not bad, because cheapest price so far)
- Saturday, April 30, 2011
1. Montana I-90
2. What a hell! ''Bozeman'' meaning is ''no fish at all'', ah no!
Also, ''cinko de mayone-zu?''
3. We are staying next day(May 1st) too, and Fishing all day long.
Total : 8,813ml
Stayed at Microtel: $66.27 (Great deal!! best hotel in this trip)
- Monday, May 2, 2011
Yellowstone National Park200 Old Yellowstone Trl, Gardiner, MT | (307) 344-73811. Passed Wyoming noticeboard (Signboard collection #25) that it? its too small...
2. World heritage collection #10: Yellowstone National Park.
It is still early season? Because most road are closed, nowhere can go!
1. No choice, I have to go back same way to come.
But, thanks because I got a lot of fishesssssss(7 fish), so I am a not BOZEMAN.
(Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout)
Total : 9,053ml
Stayed at Confort Inn: $88.16 (OK, but it is high cost if compared room and price)
- Tuesday, May 3, 2011
1. Passed Wyoming signboard (Signboard collection #25) *again
2. Passed South Dakota signboard (Signboard collection #26)
3. Changed to new oil(Second times)
At that time, they had to reset our great record Tripmeter which was since April 1st.
Oh my god!!
Total : 9,553ml
Stayed at Microtel: $55.17 (Great Hotel ever, that is why I stayed it again.)
- Wednesday, May 4, 2011
1. Mt. Rushmore Memorial, who is Wahington.
2. We got 55 Rainbow trout near Memorial park, wow!
3. Do you know how to use it?
Total : 9,632ml
Stayed at Microtel: $55.17 (We stayed here again.)
- Thursday, May 5, 2011
1. Passed Minnesota signboard (Signboard collection #27)
2. Passed Iowa signboard (Signboard collection #28)
3. We reached 10,000 miles which is 9 miles from Minnesota signboard.
- Friday, May 6, 2011
1. Passed Nebraska signboard (Signboard collection #29)
2. We got many fish in Iowa today, this is tarpon?
3. She catch a pants.
4. Passed Misouri signboard (Signboard collection #30)
Total : 10,335ml
Stayed at Super 8: $74.88 (So so)
- Saturday, May 7, 2011
1. Three Corners for Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma
2. Three Corners for Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas
3. Passed Arkansas signboard (Signboard collection #33)
- Sunday, May 8, 2011
- Monday, May 9, 2011
1. We got 17 basssssssssssssssssss in Blue pond in MO
2. Who is that?!
3. Passed Illinois signboard (Signboard collection #34) * its so scared.
4. World heritage collection #11: Cahokia Mound.
Total : 11,269ml
Stayed at Holiday Inn : $ (Much better than other we stayed hotels)
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011
1. Passed Indiana signboard (Signboard collection #35)
2. Passed Kentucky signboard (Signboard collection #36)
3. Passed ''Sweet home Ohio'' signboard (Signboard collection #37)
------- Back to Home!! -------
Total miles : 11,653ml (18,754km)
Total days : 40 days
Total visited states : 37 states
Total visited World heritage site : 11 place
Total caught fish : 142 fish (16 different fish)
Total spent monies for accommodations : $2,886.45
Total spent monies for Gas : $1,952.51
Total spent monies for Fishing license : $584.94
Total spent monies : $9,913.16
- total distance: 8,444 miles (13.589 km)